M86 and friends

Ian Stewart

Definitely galaxy season. Spent some time in Virgo last night. Here's a shot of M86 and a bunch of its neighbors ... Cheers Ian
M86 and friends

Roy Diffrient

Nice!  And I’ll bet you’re just waiting until the new SN in IC3322A brightens to get it too.  Thanks -

Roy

On Apr 4, 2021, at 10:03 AM, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Definitely galaxy season. Spent some time in Virgo last night. Here's a shot of M86 and a bunch of its neighbors ... Cheers Ian
M86 and friends

Ian Stewart

I'll have to mount my RC on for that. Lynn Easley got a nice shot a couple of nights ago SN2021hiz

Ted Forte

My friend JD Maddy caught it a couple of nights ago while imaging M49!

I observed it (with a 30-inch at 300x) on the evening of April 2, and it was very obvious.  I estimated it at around 14.5 mag but I think it is rapidly brightening and should get to mag 13 or brighter.

Ted

BBAA SW