Looking for a new refractor

Keegan Morrison

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the market for a new refractor. My budget is around $1,000 for a new scope, so I thought I'd reach out to this group to see if anyone has a gently used option. I'd like to be in the 80-100mm range, primarily used for planets and the moon here in light polluted Chesapeake, but occasionally used for DSOs in darker skies. My 10" dob is just too big to fit in the car with kids and everything else, so portability is important.

I don't need anything but the OTA and a tripod (and a case if it has one!) and I'm not interested in a motorized mount. If you have something you think would be a good fit let me know! I've been watching Facebook and Craigslist for a month or so and haven't seen anything of interest.

Thanks,
 -Keegan