Latest Image Sh2-168

Stu Beaber

Took this shot last night of this overlooked object in light hazy skies and 55% moon light. This is Ha filtered light and the first image taken using PoleMaster polar alignment tactics. I've been noticing some problems when imaging to the west ...the further I go west, the worst the problems. These problems are typical polar alignment issues. Last night was first use of Polemaster and I found my polar scope in the mount to be off about a 1/4". This image is nearly 3 hours to the west and the stars are straight out of the camera...Hope to get some more Ha + color in the coming days...

Stu

Ian Stewart

Loverly, good job Stu .. Cheers Ian

On 12/23/2020 5:37 PM, Stu Beaber wrote:
Took this shot last night of this overlooked object in light hazy skies and 55% moon light. This is Ha filtered light and the first image taken using PoleMaster polar alignment tactics. I've been noticing some problems when imaging to the west ...the further I go west, the worst the problems. These problems are typical polar alignment issues. Last night was first use of Polemaster and I found my polar scope in the mount to be off about a 1/4". This image is nearly 3 hours to the west and the stars are straight out of the camera...Hope to get some more Ha + color in the coming days...

Stu

charles jagow

I like it Stu!

Member #1495 – Norfolk County Rifle Range

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 5:37 PM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>
Subject: [BackBayAstro] Latest Image Sh2-168

Took this shot last night of this overlooked object in light hazy skies and 55% moon light. This is Ha filtered light and the first image taken using PoleMaster polar alignment tactics. I've been noticing some problems when imaging to the west ...the further I go west, the worst the problems. These problems are typical polar alignment issues. Last night was first use of Polemaster and I found my polar scope in the mount to be off about a 1/4". This image is nearly 3 hours to the west and the stars are straight out of the camera...Hope to get some more Ha + color in the coming days...

Stu

Treasurer - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Rott'n Paws Observatory

    N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512