Last Night


Ian Stewart
 

Moon is up so I'm back to visual. Seeing turned out better than expected last night. I chased down a fair number of doubles and variables from Kent's last observing session - thank  you Kent. Moved over to the moon. Lovely view of Theophilus with just a hint of Cyrillus beside it. Need to have a look tonight to pick up Catharina and the Altai Scarp. Cold night but nice to be outside. Hooray for James Webb and the starboard mirror deployment.


jimcoble2000
 

Oh your gonna like visual when it gets dark too!Emoji

Stick it to the man! We visual observers will not be kept down!Emoji

I know, too many exclamation points.

On Saturday, January 8, 2022, 12:20:16 PM EST, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:


Moon is up so I'm back to visual. Seeing turned out better than expected last night. I chased down a fair number of doubles and variables from Kent's last observing session - thank  you Kent. Moved over to the moon. Lovely view of Theophilus with just a hint of Cyrillus beside it. Need to have a look tonight to pick up Catharina and the Altai Scarp. Cold night but nice to be outside. Hooray for James Webb and the starboard mirror deployment.


Kent Blackwell
 

 No wonder what sky conditions, unless clouds of course, there’s always something to view in the telescope. I could be at Coinjock or midtown Manhattan and have a blast. 


jimcoble2000
 

Freezing cold last night but just superb seeing. The moon was as good as I've seen it in a long time.
Did I mention it was freezing?

On Saturday, January 8, 2022, 12:20:16 PM EST, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:


Moon is up so I'm back to visual. Seeing turned out better than expected last night. I chased down a fair number of doubles and variables from Kent's last observing session - thank  you Kent. Moved over to the moon. Lovely view of Theophilus with just a hint of Cyrillus beside it. Need to have a look tonight to pick up Catharina and the Altai Scarp. Cold night but nice to be outside. Hooray for James Webb and the starboard mirror deployment.


jimcoble2000
 

Hi Ian
Did you recently do a picture of the monkey head?

On Saturday, January 8, 2022, 12:20:16 PM EST, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:


Moon is up so I'm back to visual. Seeing turned out better than expected last night. I chased down a fair number of doubles and variables from Kent's last observing session - thank  you Kent. Moved over to the moon. Lovely view of Theophilus with just a hint of Cyrillus beside it. Need to have a look tonight to pick up Catharina and the Altai Scarp. Cold night but nice to be outside. Hooray for James Webb and the starboard mirror deployment.


Ian Stewart
 

Nope, last time I imaged it was in 2016.

Cheers

Ian

Monkey Head

On 1/9/2022 9:04 AM, jimcoble2000 via groups.io wrote:
Hi Ian
Did you recently do a picture of the monkey head?


jimcoble2000
 

Last night I ran across it on a chart and went to look. It was quite small on the chart.  It didn't look especially interesting but I went to it anyways. I didn't have my Baader UHC which works well with the 4 inch. It drops little light overall unlike other filters. I did use an ultrablock which is really too dark for the small scope but could see the nebula. Would like to revisit on a darker night.   I found your old picture and I am pretty sure I saw the basics last night. 

On Sunday, January 9, 2022, 11:31:56 AM EST, Ian Stewart <ian@...> wrote:


Nope, last time I imaged it was in 2016.

Cheers

Ian

Monkey Head

On 1/9/2022 9:04 AM, jimcoble2000 via groups.io wrote:
Hi Ian
Did you recently do a picture of the monkey head?


Jim Tallman
 

Yes you did :-) and I do agree that it was the best I've ever seen the moon. Didn't waver a bit

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android