July Boardwalk Astronomy

Kent Blackwell

Despite some clouds and haze about 500 people along the Virginia Beach Boardwalk stopped to look through our telescopes. I set up my small 80mm because kids have no problem reaching the eyepiece. It's nice to see several young new club members, especially Gabriel, who already has a passion and knowledge of observing deep sky objects.

Kent Blackwell

Ted Forte

I can almost smell the salt air. Really miss the boardwalk events.

Ted

From: BackBayAstro@groups.io <BackBayAstro@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kent Blackwell
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:36 AM
To: BackBayAstro@groups.io
Subject: [BackBayAstro] July Boardwalk Astronomy

Despite some clouds and haze about 500 people along the Virginia Beach Boardwalk stopped to look through our telescopes. I set up my small 80mm because kids have no problem reaching the eyepiece. It's nice to see several young new club members, especially Gabriel, who already has a passion and knowledge of observing deep sky objects.

Kent Blackwell

charles jagow

DITTO!

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Ted Forte <tedforte511@...>
Reply-To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 8:59 AM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [BackBayAstro] July Boardwalk Astronomy

I can almost smell the salt air. Really miss the boardwalk events.

Ted

From: BackBayAstro@groups.io <BackBayAstro@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kent Blackwell
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:36 AM
To: BackBayAstro@groups.io
Subject: [BackBayAstro] July Boardwalk Astronomy

Kent Blackwell

--

v/r

Chuck Jagow

Treasurer - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Rott'n Paws Observatory

N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512