James Webb Space Telescope event July 12

George Reynolds

BBAA president Shawn Loescher sent out a form to sign up for which planetarium you plan to attend for the July 12 event at 10:30 am.  Please do not forget to also RSVP in the BBAA NSN calendar for one of the three local planetaria, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach (Plaza Middle School), and TCC Virginia Beach Campus.

Shawn Loescher

Thanks George. I forgot to post it here as well.

Ted Forte

You guys are lucky, here in BBAA Southwest, it goes down at 7:30 am! (It’ll be a breakfast vigil).  I’ll be hosting an event at the Patterson Observatory, which is on the campus of the University of Arizona, Sierra Vista.  If you happen to be in SE Arizona, stop by for coffee and a muffin.

Really looking forward to the image release. It’s been a long time coming!

By the way, we’re breathing a sigh of relief that the Contreras fire has been stopped short of destroying any of the observatories on Kitt Peak.  A few buildings were burned, but not any of the telescopes, which are all covered and sealed against the smoke.  Fingers crossed that that’s the end of the danger.

Ted

BBAA president Shawn Loescher sent out a form to sign up for which planetarium you plan to attend for the July 12 event at 10:30 am.  Please do not forget to also RSVP in the BBAA NSN calendar for one of the three local planetaria, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach (Plaza Middle School), and TCC Virginia Beach Campus.

Shawn Loescher

Here is the link to the form for anyone that needs it. https://forms.gle/TjuJQHzBRSp5Eged7

George Reynolds

Glad to hear the Kitt Peak telescopes are OK.  I was following the news about the fire, and praying that the observatory would not be destroyed.