Intro. to Amateur Astronomy given by the Kalamazoo Astronomical Society president Richard Bell

Jeffrey Thornton

Just an FYI. This is an email I received from Richard Bell regarding the Introduction to Astronomy course :

Hello, Amateur Astronomers.

Thanks to everyone that attended (or at least registered) for the Kalamazoo Astronomical Society's five-part Introduction to Amateur Astronomy lecture series earlier this year. That installment far exceeded our expectations. I am happy to announce that the series will return online in early 2022. We're tentatively planning to begin on January 15th. Registration will likely begin in late October or early November. We will be contacting everyone that registered for the previous installment and astronomy clubs around the country.

The main purpose of this email is to inform you about another "semester" of my 11-week Introduction to Astronomy course. Many of you expressed interest in taking this college-level 101-style course in the Fall and I'm happy to announce it will begin on Tuesday, September 28th. Please download the syllabus for full details about the course. Here are the key points to know:

  • The course fee is $150 - a fraction of the cost if you took the course at a community college.
  • We meet every Tuesday and Thursday starting on Sept. 28th from 6:00 - 7:40 pm ET.
  • No class the week of Thanksgiving and we finish-up the week before Christmas.
  • There are no grades, so no stress. You learn for pure enjoyment.
  • If you can't attend at the scheduled time, lectures will be available the following morning at an unlisted link on YouTube.

Please feel free to contact me with questions or to register. Thanks and clear skies!

Richard Bell
President
Kalamazoo Astronomical Society
https://www.kasonline.org/