Meeting will be held in the ODU Michael and Kimthanh Lê Digital Theater and Planetarium. A parking pass must be displayed on your dashboard to park in the garage. Please go to the the event on the Night Sky Network and login to download and print it: https://nightsky.jpl.nasa.gov/club/event-view.cfm?Event_ID=114591.

Date: Thursday, 8/5/2021

Time: 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM Eastern

Location: ODU Planetarium, 4501 Elkhorn Ave, Norfolk, VA 23529

Instructions for Club Members

If you go to this link on ODU's website (https://www.odu.edu/content/dam/odu/col-dept/planetarium/img/planetarium-parking-map-2021.jpg), a map will open up of ODU. We will use the Bluestone Garage, which has an entrance from 43rd St. This is the garage that is crossed out on the map. Please note that you can't drive into Elkhorn garage and then drive into the Bluestone Garage. The two halves do not connect. You must have a parking pass displayed on your dashboard or you can be ticketed. Please print one out before coming. There will be a limited amount on hand in case you don't have access to a printer. Any one can park in the any spot that is not reserved or handicap accessible (unless they have proper tags for that spot). Justin said there are some spaces on half the first floor and all of floors 2-4 that we can use.Hope to see you all there.

Jeffrey Thornton

Question on the live stream, Will this be through Zoom and recorded for playback?

Shawn Loescher

I don't know if they have the capability yet to do Zoom there Jeff. If not I am assuming that Jeff will be there and we can broadcast on Facebook Live like we use to do before we got smarter and started using Zoom. :)

Jeff Goldstein

I’ll try ZOOM, if not then Live FB, if not, then record it, and post to FB.

Jeff G.