Important astronomical discovery

jimcoble2000

Aside from the miracle of three nights of excellent observing Kent and I made a major discovery last night of significant importance. I had a small UV flashlight with me to look at a moth we had seen the previous night. Not finding the moth, I looked around the astronomy shed out of curiosity and discovered:

The green striping and labels of Televue eyepieces are very fluorescent. They glow in the dark under UV light. Why this should be I can't imagine but there it is is. Little glowing nebulae on the shelf. This is a major observationEmoji. Try this observation yourself.