IDA Questions

Shawn Loescher

We received a question on the Facebook page about the process of achieving International Dark Sky area status for an area. Are any of you familiar with the requirements and willing to provide guidance to someone? I'm not sure of the process and my plate is full right now. Thanks in advance.

Ted Forte

From: BackBayAstro@groups.io <BackBayAstro@groups.io> On Behalf Of Shawn Loescher
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2022 6:47 PM
To: BackBayAstro@groups.io
Subject: [BackBayAstro] IDA Questions

We received a question on the Facebook page about the process of achieving International Dark Sky area status for an area. Are any of you familiar with the requirements and willing to provide guidance to someone? I'm not sure of the process and my plate is full right now. Thanks in advance.

Shawn Loescher

Edited

Thanks Ted. I appreciate there link but the person asking already has that info. I think they're looking for more info or guidance on the process.

charles jagow

GO SEE: https://www.darkskiescolorado.org/links

Scroll down past the “Planet Quest” blurb and look for  “Suggestions for Establishing a Local Dark Sky Group to Ultimately Earn Certification as an IDA Dark Sky Community.”

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Shawn Loescher <shawn.loescher@...>
Date: Monday, June 27, 2022 at 7:46 PM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>

We received a question on the Facebook page about the process of achieving International Dark Sky area status for an area. Are any of you familiar with the requirements and willing to provide guidance to someone? I'm not sure of the process and my plate is full right now. Thanks in advance.

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory

Robert Schmidt

I work with the Department Conservation & Recreation. I can ask my contact there if they have some information they can provide.

Rob

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 9:55 PM Shawn Loescher <shawn.loescher@...> wrote:
Thanks Ted. I appreciate there link but the person asking already has that info. I think they're looking for more info.

Shawn Loescher

Thanks Chuck. I passed that link to them and suggested they join this group to ask any questions that come up as they go through the process.

Shawn Loescher

That would be great Rob. I'm sure they would like any information you can provide. This person is referring to the Sandbridge area if that helps.