group addresses

preciousmyprecious

Back in the day there was a specific BBAA address and a specific VPAS address. Then we got Yahoo'd! and this group.io thing started.

I can email BBAA but the VPAS@groups.io always gets kicked back. I'd like to address the VPAS group occasionally. Please advise.

Carpe Noctem
Bill McLean

Shawn Loescher

Edited

Hi Bill. This is the address BackBayAstro@groups.io and it was setup in the setting. The admin for VPAS needs to do the same for that group.

Shawn Loescher

This photo is from the app but you can see what I'm referring to and I'm sure it's probably similar on the computer.

galacticprobe

I tried looking for this feature, but I'm not seeing that "cog wheel" for the Settings anywhere in my BBAA (or any of my Groups.io membership) pages. Also the one below only shows the BBAA address. I did a search for the VPAS Group and found it here: https://groups.io/g/VPAS. I also found these on that page which I hope will be of help:

Group Email Addresses

I also noticed that when I went to the VPAS page there were a couple of hashtag buttons below these addresses, and then there was a large blue button just below the hashtags that said "+Join This Group". (I'm guessing the + means you're not a member yet, and if you see a - then the button might read "-Leave This Group" or something to that effect.)

So, Bill, maybe you have to join the VPAS group first? And if you already have, but are still having trouble posting to them, sending an email directly to the VPAS+help or VPAS+owner address might get your issue resolved.

I hope this is helpful.

"Keep looking up!"
Dino.

This photo is from the app but you can see what I'm referring to and I'm sure it's probably similar on the computer.

preciousmyprecious

Thanks Dino- you are smart.

I was. I did. Never got anything back,

I think Bird was the group administrator. I'll write him.

Carpe Noctem
Bill McLean