Good site for buying and selling astronomical equipment

Jonathan Scheetz

I am thinking of selling some of my Explore Scientific eye pieces to purchase a 10mm Delos.

What would be a good place on line to do that?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Jonathan

RapidEye

Astromart used to be the goto place, but then the jerk who owned it got greedy in addition to being a complete jerk and started charging out the wazoo for everything.
Cloudynights is where I'd look now.
<RE>

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 10:26 AM Jonathan Scheetz <jonathan@...> wrote:

I am thinking of selling some of my Explore Scientific eye pieces to purchase a 10mm Delos.

What would be a good place on line to do that?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Jonathan

Paul

You could always try the club via this forum as well. I know that is one reason I belong to astronomy clubs (purchase equipment from trusted people I know).

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 10:26 AM Jonathan Scheetz <jonathan@...> wrote:

I am thinking of selling some of my Explore Scientific eye pieces to purchase a 10mm Delos.

What would be a good place on line to do that?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Jonathan

Bird Taylor

Hey Jonathan,

Feel free to post on the Virginia Peninsula Astronomy / Stargazers (VPAS), too… VPAS@groups.io

Clear Dark Skies,
Bird

On May 3, 2021, at 14:47 03, Paul <paultar@...> wrote:

You could always try the club via this forum as well. I know that is one reason I belong to astronomy clubs (purchase equipment from trusted people I know).

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 10:26 AM Jonathan Scheetz <jonathan@...> wrote:

I am thinking of selling some of my Explore Scientific eye pieces to purchase a 10mm Delos.

What would be a good place on line to do that?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Jonathan

Tony Mascolo

I have sold things on Cloudy Nights with no problems.  Good community, and no additional fees.  Just PayPal fees.

Later,

Tony

On Mon, May 3, 2021, 7:49 PM Bird Taylor <birdtaylor@...> wrote:
Hey Jonathan,

Feel free to post on the Virginia Peninsula Astronomy / Stargazers (VPAS), too… VPAS@groups.io

Clear Dark Skies,
Bird

On May 3, 2021, at 14:47 03, Paul <paultar@...> wrote:

You could always try the club via this forum as well. I know that is one reason I belong to astronomy clubs (purchase equipment from trusted people I know).

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 10:26 AM Jonathan Scheetz <jonathan@...> wrote:

I am thinking of selling some of my Explore Scientific eye pieces to purchase a 10mm Delos.

What would be a good place on line to do that?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Jonathan

Bird Taylor

Hey Tony,

I concur.

Clear Dark Skies,
Bird

On May 3, 2021, at 20:26 07, Tony Mascolo <tsmascolo@...> wrote:

[...]

Another thing about Cloudy Nights is that it is run by Astronomics, and once signed up they give members a discount on Astronomics purchases.

Later,

Tony

On Mon, May 3, 2021, 8:43 PM Bird Taylor <birdtaylor@...> wrote:
[...]

joseph_piotrowski <joepiotrowski@cox.net>

I have been trying to sell my Celestron outfit. Good advice here. Thanks all.
I have reduced my prices significantly. Take a look all.