Galaxy Night Hike

George Reynolds

Robert,

The correct location for the Galaxies Night Hike is the one on our BBAA event calendar in NSN, the Night Sky Network.  I confirmed the location with Nakiesha Bridgers, the Suffolk Parks & Rec coordinator.

We will be near the radio transmission towers in the Vicinity of Driver, VA.  3901 Sleepy Hole Road.  The coordinates are 36.818294, -76.533999.  My directions show the route to be via Nansemond Parkway to Sleepy Hole Road.  Turn left off Nansemond Pky onto Sleepy Hole Rd, then in 1/2 mile, turn right into the observing site, not far from the Naval Radio Transmitting Facility.

Do NOT go by the location given on the Facebook link you sent me in your original email.  Nakiesha is going to check with her tech people to see where they got that location.  It is the wrong one.  Go by our BBAA information.

On Thursday, July 29, 2021, 11:28:40 AM EDT, Robert Schmidt <starnut@...> wrote:

Thanks,
Have we confirmed the location? The address is Sleepy Hole Rd, but the map and coordinates on their facebook page show a different location.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 11:20 AM George Reynolds <pathfinder027@...> wrote:
Robert,

I checked, and your RSVP says Yes, you will attend, so you are OK.

On Thursday, July 29, 2021, 11:03:39 AM EDT, Robert Schmidt <starnut@...> wrote:

George,
I signed up for the Galaxy Night Hike tomorrow night, but I think I did something wrong as I am not showing up on the list as a YES.

But I will be there about 7:30 to set up with time to spare.
If you need to reach me, call my cell - 757-320-7051

Thank you,
Robert Schmidt