Galaxies Night Hike Friday, June 11 - Need volunteers!

George Reynolds

I think I forgot to put this June 11 Galaxies Night Hike at Sleepy Hole Park on the calendar I showed Thursday night.  Directions are on NSN calendar.  Plan to set up around 8PM before sunset, which is about 8:24PM.

Be prepared to show visitors/hikers views of the night sky: Virgo Galaxies, Leo Triplet, M13, M3, M104, planetary nebulae, double stars, etc.  There will be no Moon in the sky.  Mars will be a small orange dot low in the west.

We will need at least 3 BBAA volunteers to handle the crowd.  If we have more, that is all the better.

VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers (BBAA)
Outreach Coordinator
http://www.backbayastro.org