Fw: Join the NSN's Mars landing watch party today!

George Reynolds

Join the Watch Party!

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: Night Sky Network <nightskynetwork@...>
To: "pathfinder027@..." <pathfinder027@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 10:46:48 AM EST
Subject: Join the NSN's Mars landing watch party today!

From: nightskyinfo@... NSN Hangout: Mars Perseverance landing watch party!

NASA Night Sky Network members are invited to gather together virtually todayThursday, February 18 at 11am PT (2pm ET), in an interactive community watch party for the landing of the Perseverance rover on Mars!

Let's get together virtually to share the excitement of Mars exploration! While watching the landing unfold live, we will gather to experience the occasion as a community. Not our usual monthly webinar, this interactive event features guest speakers, trivia, games, and hearing from Night Sky Network members about how we incorporate Mars into our outreach events

Preliminary schedule, more details to come!
11am PT/2pm ET    Welcome
11:30 PT/2:30 ET    Brian Day, Mars Trek
12:30ish PT/3:30-ish ET   Perseverance lands
1pm PT/4pm ET Watch Party winds down

If you have an image of Mars you would like to share with the group, send it to us as a email attachment at nightskyinfo@... with the subject line "Watch Party".

This event is intended for astronomy club members specifically, and is not a public event- so we will not be streaming it on our YouTube channel! It will be interactive and we can talk with each other. This hangout-style event will be very casual compared to our usual webinars, so feel free to join for a few minutes, or the whole time!

Registration
Night Sky Network members can register & join here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIvcO-uqDgrE9ykhXhs1YtLi0sgqVqiW5rR

Find more landing resources in NASA's Landing Toolkit: https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/timeline/landing/

You can watch the landing online here: https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/timeline/landing/watch-online/

Bring some lucky peanuts if you can! https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/news/10022/what-are-nasas-lucky-peanuts/

To ensure delivery of these webinar alerts to your inbox, as well as notices from your local astronomy club, please add nightskynetwork@... to your address book or whitelist.

UNSUBSCRIBE INFORMATION: You are subscribed for emails from the NSN system as a member of your astronomy club.  Update your email preferences by logging into your account on nightsky.jpl.nasa.gov and selecting "My Profile" to adjust what you receive. You can also unsubscribe by sending an email to nightskyinfo@... with the subject "unsubscribe."