Follow on solar report

jimcoble2000

Seeing here is excellent with very good solar surface detail. The two large sunspot groups are very active with extensive hot regions surround the groups.

Kent Blackwell

Yes, the seeing is very good. Mark O just dropped by with his Herschel Wedge for a wonderful view of the sunspots.

jimcoble2000

I enjoyed Kent's story about his early Herschel Wedge, the kind that incinerated anyone passing in back of the scope. I can't believe they made that version in the 60's to 70's. Safety was low priority back then.