First time viewing the sun.

Brian LaFitte

Edited

After last night's meeting, I was able to borrow the clubs Coronado pst. I messed with it for a few hours this morning, neat little thing, but definitely has a learning curve. Anyways, this was the first time I've actually looked at the sun. I was able to see a decent sized prominence on the southern-island area, then later was able to see what I believe to be sunspot #2902. At first I thought it was a spec on my lense.

I think I have a sunburn, but had a great time learning several new things.
--
v/r,
Brian LaFitte