Fall Staunton River Star Party

Jonathan Scheetz

The NightSky site shows that the Fall Staunton River Star Party is on for 10/24/2022 to 10/30/2022  (https://nightsky.jpl.nasa.gov/event-view.cfm?Event_ID=123364)

The above page has the link http://chaosastro.org/starparty/

But that page is still showing the Spring Star Party and doesn't have any other updates for fall.

Does anyone know where to go to register for the fall star party?

The spring party was really good and it is International Dark Sky location.  I'm looking forward to the fall one.
Anyone else planning on going?

Thanks.
Jonathan

Robert Schmidt

I am hoping to go! I was there this past weekend and there were only two other groups on the field. It was a great night. The wind started to pick up about 2 am with a few clouds, but was still nice all night long. This was one of my targets. Single shot 4.5 minutes with a Canon 90D 72mm F7 scope with a UHC filter.
NGC7000.jpg

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 10:37 AM Jonathan Scheetz <jonathan@...> wrote:

The NightSky site shows that the Fall Staunton River Star Party is on for 10/24/2022 to 10/30/2022  (https://nightsky.jpl.nasa.gov/event-view.cfm?Event_ID=123364)

The above page has the link http://chaosastro.org/starparty/

But that page is still showing the Spring Star Party and doesn't have any other updates for fall.

Does anyone know where to go to register for the fall star party?

The spring party was really good and it is International Dark Sky location.  I'm looking forward to the fall one.
Anyone else planning on going?

Thanks.
Jonathan

Jonathan Scheetz

The state park has the following which says the fall party is still on.
https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/event?id=2022-01-08-15-04-58-724640-oun

jimcoble2000

Nice North American Nebula

On Monday, June 27, 2022 at 10:46:50 AM EDT, Robert Schmidt <starnut@...> wrote:

[...]