Big Prom today

jimcoble2000

BTW according to Spaceweather.com, a pretty reliable site, the loop prom spans the distance of the earth/moon system. That is pretty long. Approximately 250,000 miles.

A quarter of a million mile promEmojiEmojiEmoji

Bird Taylor

Sungazers,

Co-workers and interns were wowed and ew-awed by the beautiful Prominences today. Thanks for the heads up and inspiration. I’m a very lucky AstroPup to still have my PST working so well after all these years. Interns were so impressed that I had to promise them that I’d bring the PST back in tomorrow for their buddies that missed it today to get some views.

Clear Bright Skies,
Bird