Back Bay Astronomers Boardwalk Astronomy

Kent Blackwell

Our final Boardwalk Astronomy of the season was met with heavy clouds, but we did get to see an absolutely beautiful Harvest Moonrise. I also got a fantastic view of The Ring Nebula through a telescope with an overabundance of chromatic aberration.

Shawn Loescher

I remember that nebula. It was so bright it was able to shine through the clouds last night.

Here is a copy of the group photo Jeff got in case you wanted to see it.

charles jagow

Looks like a fine (motely) group to which I would have very much liked to have been a part of.  The good news at the SJO here in Westcliffe is that if we are inundated with clouds, we just yank the cover off of the big screen TV on the back wall of the observatory and fire up the Internet and connect to the World Wide Telescope and run through our list of items.  It’s better than the disappointment of not seeing anything.

Boardwalk Astronomy was one of my FAVORITE outreach events followed by SKY WATCH and SUN day on Saturday.

I miss everyone and see a few new faces in the group picture.

I was running around our garage and storage unit looking for my old 5” Orion refractor.  I was sure I “lost” it somehow.  I spent    h o u r s    looking for it.  Then by chance I was perusing Astromart ads and found my ad there where I sold it a little before we left Virginia.  I had to admit to What’s Her Name that in fact I did not loose it, that I sold it on Astromart.  I guess that is part of getting old…

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verdemont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 06:45 AM, charles jagow wrote:
I sold it on Astromart.  I guess that is part of getting old…
No, Chuck, that's a sign of having too many telescopes. You ought to settle down to one telescope like me.

Jeffrey Thornton

Sounds were also coming off this Nebula...

charles jagow

HAHAHAHA.  I have about 1/25 the number of scopes as you!

2 80mm Orion ED refractors,

1 125mm Explore Scientific Refractor,

1 Meade 10” LX-200GPS

1 Meade ETX-LS 6”

60mm Lunt Solar Scope on a Meade LX65 mount

70mm Celestron refractor (for the Solar Funnel)

18” Obsession UC

20” Obsession Classic (newest to me)

10” Orion Intelliscope

12” Orion Goto XX12G (best mirror of all of them)

And What’s Her Name has been spotted counting in the garage…