A.L. Observing Programs

George Reynolds

I have been looking through the list of Astronomical League (A. L.) observing programs to decide what to do next.  I recently finished the Outreach Award and the Lunar II program, and am ready to start another.

I guess I will NOT do the Active Galactic Nuclei (AGN) program, not because it requires either visual sketching or photographic imaging, but because the visual requires a 13- to 15-inch telescope, which I don't have.  AGNs are some of the faintest of faint fuzzy objects.  A CCD camera can see them when the eye cannot, so an imager can get by with a 4- to 5-inch scope.