A Couple From This Morning

Ian Stewart

Yep as all have said a beautiful eclpise. Here's a couple from this morning ... Cheers Ian
Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse and Pleiades

jimcoble2000

Very nice Ian. I noticed the Pleiades last night when the hole was large enough to cover both. Between the clouds he sky was so clear. There was a lot of background light reflecting off the clouds so it was pretty light in the yard overall even at 330. Easy to set up with no flashlights. That was about the only time the opening was big enough to show both. After that the openings were too small to accommodate both objects. We really lucked out with weather as at 1 I was pretty sure we were out of business.

On Friday, November 19, 2021, 09:25:12 AM EST, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Yep as all have said a beautiful eclpise. Here's a couple from this morning ... Cheers Ian
Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse and Pleiades

charles jagow

My feeble attempt from skies with high thin clouds, seeing was TERRIBLE.

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...>
Date: Friday, November 19, 2021 at 7:25 AM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>
Subject: [BackBayAstro] A Couple From This Morning

Yep as all have said a beautiful eclpise. Here's a couple from this morning ... Cheers Ian
Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse and Pleiades

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory

charles jagow

Nice Shot, was the seeing bad out there?  I had wind, thin clouds, and pretty bad seeing.  It looked better visually with a 14mm Pentax XW.

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...>
Date: Friday, November 19, 2021 at 7:25 AM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>

Yep as all have said a beautiful eclpise. Here's a couple from this morning ... Cheers Ian
Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse and Pleiades

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory

Ian Stewart

Seeing was OK. Lots of wind but no clouds ... Cheers Ian

On 11/19/2021 11:00 AM, charles jagow wrote:

Nice Shot, was the seeing bad out there?  I had wind, thin clouds, and pretty bad seeing.  It looked better visually with a 14mm Pentax XW.

Roy Diffrient

I held off responding here until I could see these images on my laptop's bigger screen.  I did the right thing.  Blown away by the eclipse and the Pleiades.  Thanks, Ian - just what I hoped for and just great.

Roy

On 11/19/2021 9:25 AM, Ian Stewart wrote:

Yep as all have said a beautiful eclpise. Here's a couple from this morning ... Cheers Ian
Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse and Pleiades

Ian Stewart

Yep sometimes it’s good to see things in a broader perspective … thanks Ian

On Nov 19, 2021, at 7:38 PM, Roy Diffrient <mail@...> wrote:

I held off responding here until I could see these images on my laptop's bigger screen.  I did the right thing.  Blown away by the eclipse and the Pleiades.  Thanks, Ian - just what I hoped for and just great.

Roy

On 11/19/2021 9:25 AM, Ian Stewart wrote:

Yep as all have said a beautiful eclpise. Here's a couple from this morning ... Cheers Ian
Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse and Pleiades

George Reynolds

Good pics, Ian, especially the one with the Pleiades.

On Friday, November 19, 2021, 09:25:13 AM EST, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Yep as all have said a beautiful eclpise. Here's a couple from this morning ... Cheers Ian
Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse and Pleiades

George Reynolds

Chuck,

Your "feeble attempt" was very good!  That's what the Moon looked like at maximum here, about 0400.

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...>
Date: Friday, November 19, 2021 at 7:25 AM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>