Here it is the legendary Jim Tallman portable light shield for observers

Jim Tallman

No I gave Mel one I had three :-), I gave it to him to put on his solar scope

Get Outlook for Android

Jim Tallman

I see you upgraded it too and gave it its own stand if you had two of those it would be great you could block anything you wanted

Here's the link for them, Amazon said I bought them in 2018

Sport-Brella Versa-Brella 4-Way Swiveling Sun Umbrella (Firebrick Red, Regular https://aco/d/f8rBoPB

Get Outlook for Android

charles jagow

Didn’t that rig start out as something Mel bought years ago?

Sent from Chuck's iPhone

On Jun 25, 2022, at 10:33, Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

Photography lighting umbrella

On Jun 25, 2022, at 12:24 PM, Mark Ost <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

I knew I had a tripod to mount this to. This was the light shield Tallman was attaching to my chair last night as I observed. I thought he liked me what with all the messing around with my chair while I was in it observing last night!

Glad I took it out this afternoon as it was a bit wet  from last night. Brilliant solution Jim to pesky lights.
<DSCN1688.JPG>

Kent Blackwell

Photography lighting umbrella

On Jun 25, 2022, at 12:24 PM, Mark Ost <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

I knew I had a tripod to mount this to. This was the light shield Tallman was attaching to my chair last night as I observed. I thought he liked me what with all the messing around with my chair while I was in it observing last night!

Glad I took it out this afternoon as it was a bit wet  from last night. Brilliant solution Jim to pesky lights.
<DSCN1688.JPG>

jimcoble2000