IOMN at ODU

Shawn Loescher

We have received new information about the times for the International Observe the Moon Night (IOMN) at ODU. The event will run from 5pm-8pm each day. We have split the event into three days on the Night Sky Network to facilitate making it easier for our members to volunteer in case you can't make it all three evenings. Please RSVP for the day(s) you can make it so we can ensure there are enough members on site for the event. We are also working with members of the Skywatchers Astronomy Club from the NASA-Langley Research Center in coordinating this event.

To find the exact location where we will be setup at please follow this link and note that we will be at "BBAA 1st Choice" spot indicated on the map: backbayastro.org/images/events/BBAA_at_ODU.png

The latest information I have now is that we will be able to park temporarily at the location where we will be setup at to unload our equipment and then move our vehicles to the designated parking areas. There is not enough room to accommodate leaving our vehicles at the observing location so please plan accordingly. If you are concerned about carrying your equipment I will be there early and will be happy to assist you. I will also bring a cart to help with that.

George is giving a presentation about the Moon at the club meeting this week to help prepare our members for this upcoming event. We are also printing handouts to give to the public for this event that George will distribute to BBAA members.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask the club officers. Thanks and I hope to see many of you there.

bob414

Is the parking FREE, RESERVED and CLOSE to the setup area.

Bob

To: BackBayAstro@groups.io
Subject: [BackBayAstro] IOMN at ODU

[...]

I'm hoping to find out the answers to those questions today Bob. I am waiting on a callback from the Museum staff.

Jim Tallman

Hahahahahaha.. snort 😁

Get Outlook for Android