Partial Solar Eclipse at Sunrise

Kent Blackwell

Despite the prediction of clouds and even a possible rain shower the morning of June 10 we were treated to a clearing to witness the partial solar eclipse at sunrise. We were lucky to at least get a glimpse standing along the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach, VA. Several Back Bay Amateur Astronomers gathered along the Boardwalk in hopes of glimpsing the eclipsed sun. I didn't have a telescope, just a Nikon P610 point-and-shoot camera. We are all so fortunate to see such a beautiful sight. The sun was eclipsed 68.2%.