Help needed for garden Stars June 17

George Reynolds

Garden Stars is scheduled for 17 June at 8:30 pm, and I need a few members with telescopes, but I also need someone to take my place and give a brief indoor presentation to get the visitors ready to go outside and look through the telescopes.

Normally, I would talk a while inside, and sometimes my granddaughter Samantha would have her scope there, but she is graduating from Princess Anne High School that day, and I will be attending her graduation ceremony.

If you can volunteer, or maybe even two or more get together and"team-teach" for 15 or 20 minutes and prepare the folks to see the Moon and whatever else is visible, please let me know.

Thanks,

preciousmyprecious

I can do this. I'll bring a scope, I promise ( I may need a little help getting it out of the car.). I am not sure you want me to make a presentation but I will if necessary. I still have all the materials.

The 17th is a Wednesday if I am not mistaken.

Carpe Noctem
Bill McLean

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 11:09:18 PM EDT, George Reynolds via groups.io <pathfinder027@...> wrote:

Garden Stars is scheduled for 17 June at 8:30 pm, and I need a few members with telescopes, but I also need someone to take my place and give a brief indoor presentation to get the visitors ready to go outside and look through the telescopes.

Normally, I would talk a while inside, and sometimes my granddaughter Samantha would have her scope there, but she is graduating from Princess Anne High School that day, and I will be attending her graduation ceremony.

If you can volunteer, or maybe even two or more get together and"team-teach" for 15 or 20 minutes and prepare the folks to see the Moon and whatever else is visible, please let me know.

Thanks,

Thanks, Bill.  Long time, no see!  Garden Stars June 17th is on a Thursday.  For some reason, NBG prefers Tuesdays and Thursdays to schedule Garden Stars.

If you need any materials, let me know.  I have some NASA handouts you could distribute to the visitors.  I also have a few PowerPoint slide shows you could tweak for a presentation, if you need one.  I have been taking them on a thumb drive, and using their PC in the Holly Room of NBG.

I have also asked for Internet access, just in case I want to show them something from NASA or Heavens-Above or the BBAA website.

Give me a call.

George
757-332-0773