Thank you Michael Collins

vp

R.I.P, Michael Collins, 10/31/1930 - 04/28/2021.

A real space pioneer and a gentleman.  He will be missed.

George
On April 28, 2021 4:40 PM jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

“I am too old to fly to Mars, and I regret that. But I still think I have been very, very lucky,” he wrote. “I was born in the days of biplanes and Buck Rogers, learned to fly in the early jets, and hit my peak when moon rockets came along. That’s hard to beat.”

Michael Collins Apollo 11 Pilot. 90

April 2021

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator
backbayastro.org

Ian Stewart

Ahmen!

On 4/28/2021 6:06 PM, jimcoble2000 via groups.io wrote:
yes indeed.

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 5:46:01 PM EDT, Matthew Cook via groups.io <lt_mrcook@...> wrote:

What a life!

On Apr 28, 2021, at 16:40, jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

“I am too old to fly to Mars, and I regret that. But I still think I have been very, very lucky,” he wrote. “I was born in the days of biplanes and Buck Rogers, learned to fly in the early jets, and hit my peak when moon rockets came along. That’s hard to beat.”

Michael Collins Apollo 11 Pilot. 90

April 2021

jimcoble2000

yes indeed.

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 5:46:01 PM EDT, Matthew Cook via groups.io <lt_mrcook@...> wrote:

What a life!

On Apr 28, 2021, at 16:40, jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

“I am too old to fly to Mars, and I regret that. But I still think I have been very, very lucky,” he wrote. “I was born in the days of biplanes and Buck Rogers, learned to fly in the early jets, and hit my peak when moon rockets came along. That’s hard to beat.”

Michael Collins Apollo 11 Pilot. 90

April 2021

Matthew Cook