Double Star & Open Cluster Observing from the City

Ian Stewart

This looks like a great list for tonight. Thanks for sharing Kent.

Cheers

Ian

On 1/6/2021 8:44 AM, Kent Blackwell wrote:
Although it was mostly cloudy last night I did have a about an hour of clear skies. Here are some double stars I observed, but the most interesting was seeing all six components in the Trapezium. Don't ever give up, even if the sky looks as if it's going to be cloudy all night.
List: 21/01/05 Takahashi TSA 120, Losmandy G11
119 Tauri
(Variable Star in Taurus)
26 Aurigae
(Variable Double Star in Auriga)
Omega Aurigae
(Variable Double Star in Auriga)
HR 1669
(Double Star in Auriga)
HR 1779
(Double Star in Auriga)
Starfish Cluster - M 38
(Open Cluster in Auriga)
HD 34251
(Double Star in Taurus)
118 Tauri
(Variable Double Star in Taurus)
HR 2217
(Double Star in Auriga)
UU Aurigae
(Variable Double Star in Auriga)
HD 46296
(Variable Double Star in Auriga)
118 Tauri
(Variable Double Star in Taurus)
Messier 37
(Open Cluster in Auriga)
Iota Cancri
(Variable Double Star in Cancer)
19 Lyncis
(Double Star in Lynx)
Psi5 Aurigae
(Double Star in Auriga)
HD 237611
(Double Star in Lynx)
Trapezium - Theta1 Ori
(Variable Double Star in Orion)

Kent Blackwell

Although it was mostly cloudy last night I did have a about an hour of clear skies. Here are some double stars I observed, but the most interesting was seeing all six components in the Trapezium. Don't ever give up, even if the sky looks as if it's going to be cloudy all night.

List: 21/01/05 Takahashi TSA 120, Losmandy G11