IC405 From Last Few Nights

George Reynolds

You're right, Ian.  It's either my old eyes, my cataracts, or my screen, or some combination thereof.  When I put my nose right up next to the screen I could see the plus sign.

Sorry for the false alarm.

On Sunday, December 13, 2020, 07:14:13 PM EST, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Hey George thanks for looking. I'm pretty sure I had a + sign not a - sign in there. Does the - show up on your screen?

Cheers

Ian

On 12/13/2020 5:57 PM, vp wrote:
Nice shot of IC405, Ian, but I don't think that star shines at magnitude "-6".  It's probably more like mag 6.  :-)

George
On December 12, 2020 12:48 PM Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Well it looks like my imaging window has closed for the next few days. I did get out for the last three nights and despite fighting with equipment issues managed to capture one of my favorite nebula the Flaming Star Nebula or IC405. Could have framed it better but I struggled with the mount and got my three nights in slightly different locations so had to do some serious cropping.
Cheers
Ian
IC405

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator
backbayastro.org

Ian Stewart

On 12/13/2020 5:57 PM, vp wrote:
[...]

vp

[...]

charles jagow

Very cool

Member #1495 – Norfolk County Rifle Range

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...>
Date: Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 12:48 PM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>
Subject: [BackBayAstro] IC405 From Last Few Nights

Well it looks like my imaging window has closed for the next few days. I did get out for the last three nights and despite fighting with equipment issues managed to capture one of my favorite nebula the Flaming Star Nebula or IC405. Could have framed it better but I struggled with the mount and got my three nights in slightly different locations so had to do some serious cropping.
Cheers
Ian
IC405

Treasurer - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Rott'n Paws Observatory

    N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512

Ian Stewart