Last Night's Efforts

jimcoble2000

I love looking at that nebula. The 4 inch with super contrast shows it well.

On Monday, November 9, 2020, 2:41:39 PM EST, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Always looks like my eyepiece fogged up.

On 11/9/2020 2:27 PM, Kent Blackwell wrote:
I was pleasantly surprised to see the Merope nebulosity visually from the city at 40x with a 5" refractor. I've seen it with binoculars from dark sky locations though.

Ian Stewart

Always looks like my eyepiece fogged up.

On 11/9/2020 2:27 PM, Kent Blackwell wrote:
I was pleasantly surprised to see the Merope nebulosity visually from the city at 40x with a 5" refractor. I've seen it with binoculars from dark sky locations though.

Kent Blackwell

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Merope nebulosity visually from the city at 40x with a 5" refractor. I've seen it with binoculars from dark sky locations though.

Ian Stewart

No fog, just some wonderful dust!

On 11/8/2020 4:26 PM, jimcoble2000 via groups.io wrote:
That is really nice Ian. Did you have fog?

On Sunday, November 8, 2020, 9:53:55 AM EST, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Here's one of M45 the Pleiades or the Seven Sisters. I spent time on this visually with my refractor the previous night. A picture can never capture just how beautiful it looks in a scope. Still us photogs keep trying.

Cheers

Ian

M45 - The Pleiades

jimcoble2000

That is really nice Ian. Did you have fog?

On Sunday, November 8, 2020, 9:53:55 AM EST, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Here's one of M45 the Pleiades or the Seven Sisters. I spent time on this visually with my refractor the previous night. A picture can never capture just how beautiful it looks in a scope. Still us photogs keep trying.

Cheers

Ian

M45 - The Pleiades

charles jagow

Very nice

Sent from Chuck's iPhone

On Nov 8, 2020, at 9:53 AM, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Here's one of M45 the Pleiades or the Seven Sisters. I spent time on this visually with my refractor the previous night. A picture can never capture just how beautiful it looks in a scope. Still us photogs keep trying.

Cheers

Ian

M45 - The Pleiades

Jim Tallman

Very nice Ian!

On Nov 8, 2020 at 14:21, Roy Diffrient <mail@...> wrote:

Well said, Ian.  Lovely photo too, as usual of course.  Thanks –

Roy

On Nov 8, 2020, at 9:53 AM, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Here's one of M45 the Pleiades or the Seven Sisters. I spent time on this visually with my refractor the previous night. A picture can never capture just how beautiful it looks in a scope. Still us photogs keep trying.

Cheers

Ian

M45 - The Pleiades

Roy Diffrient