Eyepiece revamp

jimcoble2000

Am optimizing my eyepiece collection to suit my current scope selection so some of them are for sale.

I have three Pentax wide field eyepieces for sale in the following sizes:
5mm
7mm
14mm

XW series. 1.25 barrels and 70 degree field.

These have been excellently maintained with no blemishes or flaws. Bolt case included. Great shape.

Asking 75.00 each. Normally $300.00 range for new.

if interested contact me here or at jimcoble 2000@...

Thanks guys.   Mark Ost

RapidEye

Sheesh!  That price is a steal!!
They usually sell used for $200-250
I already own them, or I'd snatch them up.
They are outstanding EPs.
<RE>

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 8:55 AM jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Am optimizing my eyepiece collection to suit my current scope selection so some of them are for sale.

I have three Pentax wide field eyepieces for sale in the following sizes:
5mm
7mm
14mm

XW series. 1.25 barrels and 70 degree field.

These have been excellently maintained with no blemishes or flaws. Bolt case included. Great shape.

Asking 75.00 each. Normally $300.00 range for new.

if interested contact me here or at jimcoble 2000@...

Thanks guys.   Mark Ost

vp

Mark,

I would like either the 5 or the 7.  I already have a Pentax 14 and 21, and I love them.

George
On June 19, 2020 8:55 AM jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

Am optimizing my eyepiece collection to suit my current scope selection so some of them are for sale.

I have three Pentax wide field eyepieces for sale in the following sizes:
5mm
7mm
14mm

XW series. 1.25 barrels and 70 degree field.

These have been excellently maintained with no blemishes or flaws. Bolt case included. Great shape.

Asking 75.00 each. Normally $300.00 range for new.

if interested contact me here or at jimcoble 2000@...

Thanks guys.   Mark Ost

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator
backbayastro.org

charles jagow

I’ll take the 14mm

Member #1495 – Norfolk County Rifle Range

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of "jimcoble2000 via groups.io" <jimcoble2000@...>
Date: Friday, June 19, 2020 at 8:55 AM
To: BBAA Groups Io <backbayastro@groups.io>
Subject: [BackBayAstro] Eyepiece revamp

Am optimizing my eyepiece collection to suit my current scope selection so some of them are for sale.

I have three Pentax wide field eyepieces for sale in the following sizes:

5mm

7mm

14mm

XW series. 1.25 barrels and 70 degree field.

These have been excellently maintained with no blemishes or flaws. Bolt case included. Great shape.

Asking 75.00 each. Normally $300.00 range for new.

if interested contact me here or at jimcoble 2000@...

Thanks guys.   Mark Ost

Treasurer - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Rott'n Paws Observatory

    N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512

jimcoble2000

Take your pick George. I will set it aside.

On Friday, June 19, 2020, 11:14:54 AM EDT, vp <vp@...> wrote:

[...]

How bout the 5 George?

[...]

yours chuck. I can deliver if you like.

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of "jimcoble2000 via groups.io" <jimcoble2000@...>
Date: Friday, June 19, 2020 at 8:55 AM
To: BBAA Groups Io <backbayastro@groups.io>

Am optimizing my eyepiece collection to suit my current scope selection so some of them are for sale.

I have three Pentax wide field eyepieces for sale in the following sizes:

5mm

7mm

14mm

XW series. 1.25 barrels and 70 degree field.

These have been excellently maintained with no blemishes or flaws. Bolt case included. Great shape.

Asking 75.00 each. Normally $300.00 range for new.

if interested contact me here or at jimcoble 2000@...

Thanks guys.   Mark Ost

jimcoble2000

George. If you want the 5 I can deliver it to you. All of them are gone now!

[...]

I like the Pentax but now most of my observing is with my 4 inch Televue Genesis refractor. Frankly I don't know if it is true or my imagination but the Televue eyepieces seem to work best with their scopes. Years ago I thought they were a bit dark with all that glass but the ones I have now in the Genesis have superb contrast in that scope. I plan on getting a six mm Delos. I am not crazy about the 100 degree field of the Ethos but the 70 of the Delos seems just right. A six mm fits right in with my 3.5 and 10 mm Delos. The Pentax are great in Newtonians.

Sometimes the high powered high pieces are hard to use in long focal length scopes but the Genesis is only 540 mm in length. The 3.5 only generates 150x. Very usable in that refractor.

On Friday, June 19, 2020, 10:53:09 AM EDT, RapidEye <rapideye.us@...> wrote:

Sheesh!  That price is a steal!!
They usually sell used for $200-250
I already own them, or I'd snatch them up.
They are outstanding EPs.
<RE>

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 8:55 AM jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Am optimizing my eyepiece collection to suit my current scope selection so some of them are for sale.

I have three Pentax wide field eyepieces for sale in the following sizes:
5mm
7mm
14mm

XW series. 1.25 barrels and 70 degree field.

These have been excellently maintained with no blemishes or flaws. Bolt case included. Great shape.

Asking 75.00 each. Normally $300.00 range for new.

if interested contact me here or at jimcoble 2000@...

Thanks guys.   Mark Ost

Jeff Goldstein

Mark,

I’ll take the remainder of the 5 or 7mm that George does not take.

Jeff Goldstein.

Am optimizing my eyepiece collection to suit my current scope selection so some of them are for sale.

I have three Pentax wide field eyepieces for sale in the following sizes:

5mm

7mm

14mm

XW series. 1.25 barrels and 70 degree field.

These have been excellently maintained with no blemishes or flaws. Bolt case included. Great shape.

Asking 75.00 each. Normally $300.00 range for new.

if interested contact me here or at jimcoble 2000@...

Thanks guys.   Mark Ost

jimcoble2000

Hi Jeff. I fear they are all gone. I figured they would go fast. Sorry.

On Friday, June 19, 2020, 11:07:01 PM EDT, Jeff Goldstein <jeffgold1@...> wrote:

Mark,

I’ll take the remainder of the 5 or 7mm that George does not take.

Jeff Goldstein.

Am optimizing my eyepiece collection to suit my current scope selection so some of them are for sale.

I have three Pentax wide field eyepieces for sale in the following sizes:

5mm

7mm

14mm

XW series. 1.25 barrels and 70 degree field.

These have been excellently maintained with no blemishes or flaws. Bolt case included. Great shape.

Asking 75.00 each. Normally $300.00 range for new.

if interested contact me here or at jimcoble 2000@...

Thanks guys.   Mark Ost

charles jagow

Mark,

I will need to go out and about today to go check the BBAA mail out in Virginia Beach, so I could make a run by your place if convenient.  If you were out and about in Chesapeake You could drop them off, I live over by the Greenbrier Mall just off of Volvo Parkway near the Volvo and Greenbrier intersection.

Whatever is easiest, let me know.

Member #1495 – Norfolk County Rifle Range

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of "jimcoble2000 via groups.io" <jimcoble2000@...>
Date: Friday, June 19, 2020 at 8:55 AM
To: BBAA Groups Io <backbayastro@groups.io>

Am optimizing my eyepiece collection to suit my current scope selection so some of them are for sale.

I have three Pentax wide field eyepieces for sale in the following sizes:

5mm

7mm

14mm

XW series. 1.25 barrels and 70 degree field.

These have been excellently maintained with no blemishes or flaws. Bolt case included. Great shape.

Asking 75.00 each. Normally $300.00 range for new.

if interested contact me here or at jimcoble 2000@...

Thanks guys.   Mark Ost

Treasurer - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Rott'n Paws Observatory

    N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512

jimcoble2000

HI Chuck. I can go over to your place. I actually live close to Greenbriar mall.I remember you being out there, I can do it later today. My phone number is 757.362.4597 . Just let me know when you are home and the address. It is actually very easy for me to go out there. I will bring the 14! Text, e mail, call whatever is easiest. Just saw the e mail this morning.

Take care

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of "jimcoble2000 via groups.io" <jimcoble2000@...>
Date: Friday, June 19, 2020 at 8:55 AM
To: BBAA Groups Io <backbayastro@groups.io>

Am optimizing my eyepiece collection to suit my current scope selection so some of them are for sale.

I have three Pentax wide field eyepieces for sale in the following sizes:

5mm

7mm

14mm

XW series. 1.25 barrels and 70 degree field.

These have been excellently maintained with no blemishes or flaws. Bolt case included. Great shape.

Asking 75.00 each. Normally $300.00 range for new.

if interested contact me here or at jimcoble 2000@...

Thanks guys.   Mark Ost

vp

Mark,

You don't need to make a special trip for me.  I live in Aragona Village subdivision of Virginia Beach, near Bayside High School.

If you do choose to come out this way, the address is 813 Romney Lane.  Or, you could choose a place and I can meet you.

George
On June 19, 2020 1:52 PM jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

[...]

No problem to get out actually it would be good. Just wanted you to enjoy the eyepiece if the clouds ever clear up and not have to wait for a skywatch. When you are ready to get it just give me a call at 757-362-4597. Retired folks do not have a schedule!

On Saturday, June 20, 2020, 11:14:39 AM EDT, vp <vp@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Tallman

Party at Goerge's house!!!! :)

On Jun 20, 2020 at 11:14, vp <vp@...> wrote:

[...]

Mark who got the 7mm  I am going to try and trade my 7mm Nagler for it.

That 14 is OUTSTANDING.

I just bought a 10 XW off of Astromart at twice what you asked for.

A testament to that 14 is that while looking at Saturn this morning, the 14 Pentax BARLOWED was sharper than my 7mm Nagler

The 7mm Nagler is my current eyepiece of choice in my 12” reflector.

I was watching Saturn this morning with my 3mm Radian, at 500X, tack sharp – it has been months since the seeing was so good.  What a morning to hit snooze on the alarm and get up at 4:30 instead of 3:00.  I could have been enjoying these planets twice as long.  It was magical.

Did I mention the Pentax 14 just about blew my ass away?  I lined up on Saturn, started the tracking and went and got the XW14 put it in the scope and WHAM, what a crisp view!  SO then comes the downward eyepiece march, 12mm Nagler, 9mm Nagler, 7mm Nagler, 5mm Radian, 3mm Radian, then back to the 7 and then to the 2X Barlowed Pentax 14 – back and forth, the barlowed Pentax was clearer than the 7 Nagler.

I spent the rest of the morning with the 3mm Nagler watching Saturn at 500x, damn Jupiter was in the trees.  Mars was glorious as well.  You know it is good seeing when you can firmly grasp that Neptune is a disc and I think I saw Triton this morning with the 12” Dob.

Member #1495 – Norfolk County Rifle Range

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of "jimcoble2000 via groups.io" <jimcoble2000@...>
Date: Friday, June 19, 2020 at 4:00 PM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>

[...]

I figured it was going to be cloudy so did not try to get any planet time. The stupid weather predictions make planning next to impossible.

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of "jimcoble2000 via groups.io" <jimcoble2000@...>
Date: Friday, June 19, 2020 at 4:00 PM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>

[...]

Ted Forte

Mark, the forecast can be used to inform your plans simply by accepting that it is wrong.  Here, you have at least one variable pinned down- the forecast can be assumed to be the one possibility that just won’t happen putting you a giant step closer to your own better guess.

And, consider this:  if you check five or six weather sites, you have a slew of possibilities you can eliminate.

Hope that helps.

Ted