Solar report June 7

Kent Blackwell

There isn’t much to report as far as prominence go i H-alpha light but there’s a fairly small sunspot visible in white light, with three smaller ones next to it in a triangular shape. Visible at 40x in my small refractor, however I could not see any with 10x solar filtered binoculars.

vp

Yeah, Kent, we saw those sunspots Saturday at SUN Day at
Elizabeth River Park.  It was nice to be able to show visitors something on the sun for a change.

George
On June 7, 2020 11:38 AM Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

There isn’t much to report as far as prominence go i H-alpha light but there’s a fairly small sunspot visible in white light, with three smaller ones next to it in a triangular shape. Visible at 40x in my small refractor, however I could not see any with 10x solar filtered binoculars.

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator