We Saw ISS & Crew Dragon Flyby

Roy Diffrient

Just observed a pass of the ISS followed only a couple minutes later on the same path (34 deg up max) by Crew Dragon chasing it. Wow! I didn't know what to expect from the Dragon vehicle – it was surprisingly easily visible, just not quite as bright as the ISS (mag 3). We had partly cloudy, hazy conditions so I didn't expect much, but Dee and I were thrilled to see both. The Heavens Above site has predictions now for both, and I also used the Sputnik app.

Bob & I saw the ISS low in the northern sky, the passing under Vega. We were lucky to have a clear area of the sky but it soon clouded up and we did not see the Dragon.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

On May 30, 2020, at 10:22 PM, Roy Diffrient <mail@farparsecs.com> wrote:

Just observed a pass of the ISS followed only a couple minutes later on the same path (34 deg up max) by Crew Dragon chasing it. Wow! I didn't know what to expect from the Dragon vehicle – it was surprisingly easily visible, just not quite as bright as the ISS (mag 3). We had partly cloudy, hazy conditions so I didn't expect much, but Dee and I were thrilled to see both. The Heavens Above site has predictions now for both, and I also used the Sputnik app.

Roy

Sent from my iPhone

charles jagow

Good observation!

Please tell us of any progress at the campground?

Sent from Chuck's iPhone

--
*v/r*

*Chuck Jagow*