3 Inch focuser for FCD 100 127 Explore Scientific

jimcoble2000

The new focuser went on very easily and with excellent precision. Star tests tonight show perfect collimation. The stars are more pinpoint than ever. Did have to re balance the mount due to adding 6 lbs. Pictures below. Excellent micro movement. No travel problems with any of my eyepieces. Explore did a bang up job designing this beast.

Ian Stewart

Nice. I have the stock hex focused on my 127 but it sure could do with an upgrade.

jimcoble2000

Right up your alley. Very easy to install. Who made your 127? ES doers sell adapter rings for other manufacturers. If you have an ES then it fits like a glove. This is so much better than the 2.5. Heavier though by quite a bit 6 lbs.

On Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 09:13:34 AM EDT, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Nice. I have the stock hex focused on my 127 but it sure could do with an upgrade.

jimcoble2000

The focuser (Hex) was always the one weak point on these scopes. Everything else is top rate on the stock scope. This upgrade brings it up to par with anyone's scope.

On Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 09:13:34 AM EDT, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Nice. I have the stock hex focused on my 127 but it sure could do with an upgrade.

Ian Stewart

It’s the FCD 100 ES as well … cheers Ian