Wallops Launch Thursday ~9 PM 6/15/17

Roy Diffrient

NASA is putting on a fireworks show again.  Launch now scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday June 15 between 9:05 – 9:20 PM.  Will be postponed if the weather is not good, so stay tuned.

Roy

vabeachdave

Anyone had any luck seeing this from Virginia Beach?

On Jun 14, 2017 4:24 PM, "'Roy Diffrient' mail@... [backbayastro]" <backbayastro@...> wrote:

NASA is putting on a fireworks show again.  Launch now scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday June 15 between 9:05 – 9:20 PM.  Will be postponed if the weather is not good, so stay tuned.

Roy

Dale Carey

I have seen two from my front yard, and
I'm in the middle of downtown VB.  Now I know exactly where to look. With Bino's I could see the glow of the engine,
 the smoke trail naked eye. Haven't had a chance to see the cloud seeding but should be fun.
Dale

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [backbayastro] Wallops Launch Thursday ~9 PM 6/15/17

Anyone had any luck seeing this from Virginia Beach?

On Jun 14, 2017 4:24 PM, "'Roy Diffrient' mail@... [backbayastro]" <backbayastro@...> wrote:

NASA is putting on a fireworks show again.  Launch now scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday June 15 between 9:05 – 9:20 PM.  Will be postponed if the weather is not good, so stay tuned.

I saw one of these sounding rocket launches in afternoon daylight from Tuckahoe State Park on Maryland's Eastern Shore, about 100 miles from Wallops.  Could see the rocket, hear it a little, and easily see the spherical cloud it created.

Note that NASA has two earthly locations for observing the results of these launches: Wallops and Duck NC.  VB is in between and so is prime viewing territory, seems to me.

I don't live near VB.  We've seen other Wallops launches from a hill just north of the Pennsylvania line due north from Baltimore.  We'll be watching this one from there.  Visibility depends almost entirely on the weather.

Roy

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:44 PM

Anyone had any luck seeing this from Virginia Beach?

On Jun 14, 2017 4:24 PM, "'Roy Diffrient' mail@... [backbayastro]" <backbayastro@...> wrote:

NASA is putting on a fireworks show again.  Launch now scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday June 15 between 9:05 – 9:20 PM.  Will be postponed if the weather is not good, so stay tuned.

Roy

cme2scrap

We are living in Vienna, Va and have seen them from up here.  Zachery and I will try again tomorrow night. Hopefully, it won't be scrubbed.

Cheryl

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:44 PM

Anyone had any luck seeing this from Virginia Beach?

On Jun 14, 2017 4:24 PM, "'Roy Diffrient' mail@... [backbayastro]" <backbayastro@...> wrote:

NASA is putting on a fireworks show again.  Launch now scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday June 15 between 9:05 – 9:20 PM.  Will be postponed if the weather is not good, so stay tuned.

Launch postponed to Friday June 16, 9:05 – 9:20 PM, per the NASA web site referenced below, because of weather.

Roy

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:24 PM

NASA is putting on a fireworks show again.  Launch now scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday June 15 between 9:05 – 9:20 PM.  Will be postponed if the weather is not good, so stay tuned.

Roy

vabeachdave

The launch of NASA Terrier Improved Malemute is now scheduled for Sunday, June 18, with a window from 9:05 to 9:20 p.m.

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:24 PM

NASA is putting on a fireworks show again.  Launch now scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday June 15 between 9:05 – 9:20 PM.  Will be postponed if the weather is not good, so stay tuned.

Never mind – I found a notice on Space Weather that it was scrubbed because of unfavorable winds.  Next launch window is tomorrow, Monday 6/19, 9:05 – 9:20 pm.

Roy

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:24 PM

NASA is putting on a fireworks show again.  Launch now scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday June 15 between 9:05 – 9:20 PM.  Will be postponed if the weather is not good, so stay tuned.

Roy

Jeff Goldstein

Fingers crossed on this one!

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:24 PM

NASA is putting on a fireworks show again.  Launch now scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday June 15 between 9:05 – 9:20 PM.  Will be postponed if the weather is not good, so stay tuned.

Roy

vabeachdave

It's never going to launch...

NASA Terrier-Improved Malemute launch, postponed to 6/20 because of weather. The launch on 6/ 20, has a window from 9:06 - 9:21 p.m.

Fingers crossed on this one!

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:24 PM

NASA is putting on a fireworks show again.  Launch now scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday June 15 between 9:05 – 9:20 PM.  Will be postponed if the weather is not good, so stay tuned.

Roy

vabeachdave

Postponed again.

Launch update: Clouds are preventing the launch of the Terrier-Improved Malemute, next attempt is Saturday, June 24 from 9:07-9:22 p.m.

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:24 PM