From: 'Stu Beaber' wd4sel@gmail.com [backbayastro] [mailto:backbayastro@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 07:33 PM
To: backbayastro@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [backbayastro] Launch

6 seconds into flight, rockets explodes...

Nick Anderson

Not good at all! It had nearly 5000 lbs of cargo intended for the ISS!!!
[ISS] Antares Fails to Reach Orbit with Cygnus CRS-3 after Rocket Explodes

Clear skies and good seeing,

-Nick Anderson

President
Astronomy Club of Virginia Tech

---In backbayastro@..., <wd4sel@...> wrote :

6 seconds into flight, rockets explodes...

Stu Beaber

6 seconds into flight, rockets explodes...

RapidEye

I was streaming it on my computer so I could go watch it.
Once it cleared the gantry, I grabbed my binox and headed for the pasture.
I waited... waited... checked my watch... waited... then gave up figuring that the clouds were worse than I expected.
GULP, guess I was wrong about the clouds!
Wow!

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM, 'Stu Beaber' wd4sel@... [backbayastro] <backbayastro@...> wrote:

6 seconds into flight, rockets explodes...

VegaGaze

My family and I were at Fort Story.  We saw the horizon toward Wallops glow orange, but never saw the rocket take off.  We thought at first that the cloud cover toward wallops was too heavy, but then we were informed what happened.  Holy cow. My daughter told me she would rethink her plans of being the first person on Mars. :(

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 7:46 PM, "RapidEye RapidEye.US@... [backbayastro]" wrote:

I was streaming it on my computer so I could go watch it.
Once it cleared the gantry, I grabbed my binox and headed for the pasture.
I waited... waited... checked my watch... waited... then gave up figuring that the clouds were worse than I expected.
GULP, guess I was wrong about the clouds!
Wow!

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM, 'Stu Beaber' wd4sel@... [backbayastro] <backbayastro@...> wrote:

6 seconds into flight, rockets explodes...

galacticprobe

Yeah... watched it live on NASA TV! Once I saw that rocket motor start to flare I had just enough time to think it, and by the time I said it, a mushroom cloud was forming. Sad.

Dino.