Garden Stars this Friday, 19 April at 8pm

George Reynolds

Garden Stars is ON for Friday night.  Plan to come and help out.  Newbies, please come with or without a telescope, and see what we do!

We plan to set up telescopes in the World of Wonder (WOW) Garden for visitors to see the Moon and other celestial objects.

Garden Stars is a rain-or-shine event when we have it, so even if it's cloudy or rainy, we will have a presentation and a Q & A session, and maybe even a drawing for a door prize!  Norfolk Botanical Garden staff had heard that the weather-guessers were predicting a storm for Friday, and are prepared to postpone Garden Stars to Saturday, if necessary; however, I just checked The Weather Channel and now they are predicting "partly cloudy" for Friday and showers for Saturday.

Showers Saturday may put a damper on National Astronomy Day at the Virginia Beach Central Library, but . . . we astronomers NEVER take a weather forecast for fact!  So, even if they predict it, THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S GOING TO RAIN!

I hope to see many of you on Friday at Garden Stars and Saturday at the library.