[Astronomy_Online] NASA-Wallops Island Starts Commercial Cargo Space Launches w/Test

George Reynolds

Watching for a Wallops island launch on Wednesday.  VPAS, can you give us any details?

From: Glenn A. Walsh
To: All_Astronomers_Are_Welcome@...; amateurastronomyonline@...; Astronomy Online ; Space-Exploration@...; SpaceADG@...; triangle-space@...; wannabeastronomers@...
Cc: Glenn Walsh
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:16 PM
Subject: [Astronomy_Online] NASA-Wallops Island Starts Commercial Cargo Space Launches w/Test

NASA-Wallops Island Starts Commercial Cargo Space Launches w/Test

On Wednesday, Orbital Sciences Corp. plans to conduct the first test launch of its Antares rocket under a NASA program in which private companies deliver supplies to the International Space Station. If all goes as planned, the unmanned rocket's practice payload will be vaulted into orbit from Wallops Island before burning up in the atmosphere on its return to Earth several months later.

The site is on the Virginia shore near Maryland and just south of Chincoteague Island, which attracts thousands of tourists each summer for an annual wild pony swim made famous by the 1947 novel "Misty of Chincoteague."

http://spacewatchtower.blogspot.com/2013/04/nasa-wallops-island-starts-commecial.html

gaw

Glenn A. Walsh, Project Director,
Friends of the Zeiss < http://friendsofthezeiss.org >
Electronic Mail - < siderostat1989@... >
SpaceWatchtower Blog: < http://spacewatchtower.blogspot.com/ >

Dale Carey

The next launch scheduled from Wallops is Orbital Sciences Antares rocket. the launch is scheduled 5 p.m., April 17. The launch window is 5 - 8 p.m. and the backup launch days are April 18 - 21. Coverage begins at 4 p.m. on NASA TV on launch day.
anyone want to go over and watch? split the tolls/gas? - I'll drive
Dale

Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 10:43 PM

[...]

cme2scrap

What time would you be leaving Dale?
Cheryl

From: Glenn A. Walsh <siderostat1991@...>
To: All_Astronomers_Are_Welcome@...;
amateurastronomyonline@...; Astronomy Online
<Astronomy_Online@...>;
Space-Exploration@...; SpaceADG@...;
triangle-space@...; wannabeastronomers@...
[...]

I'm thinking around 2pm

Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:33 PM

From: Glenn A. Walsh <siderostat1991@...>
To: All_Astronomers_Are_Welcome@...;
[...]

I know Zachery gets out of college at 10:45am and would love to go with
you. Let me know. I can either meet you somewhere or you can pick him
up at our house if you would like company. We live in Three Oaks
neighborhood off of General Booth Blvd and Princess Anne Road. I don't
know how you would be going from your house. Also, if you can guess at
how much money to split everything and let me know I will make sure I
give him enough for you. It looks like it should be good weather for
it tomorrow.
Cheryl :)

From: Glenn A. Walsh <siderostat1991@...>
To: All_Astronomers_Are_Welcome@...;
[...]

skipmorrow

Friday's launch has been cancelled and rescheduled for 5:00PM Saturday. I am thinking about going up with my family. What should we do when we get there? Where should we go?

.

From: Glenn A. Walsh <siderostat1991@...>
To: All_Astronomers_Are_Welcome@...;
[...]

Sat. is Astronomy Day and most will be at the Central Library, but if you go, just follow the signs, they have a large parking lot.
Dale

From: Glenn A. Walsh <siderostat1991@...>
To: All_Astronomers_Are_Welcome@...;