2022 James River Star Party

Jonathan Scheetz

George Reynolds, David Read and I attended the 2021 JSRP and it was a really good event.  It is a beautiful location with great dark skies.  It is an International Dark Sky site.
I see that the JRSP is on for the fall of 2022 (https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/event?id=2022-03-09-14-35-10-564051-gvb).
It is a two night event11/18 and 11/19 and the only fee is the state park entrance fee.  You can camp on the field if it is being done the same way as last year.
Electric is not available on the field but power was available at the shelter for charging devices.
I created a slide show of the 2021 event to show how beautiful the location is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYTqiMG47CI
I plan on going and I hope others will decide to come as well.

George or Shawn would you please add this as event to our calendar and enable RSVPs for the event?

Kent Blackwell

That sounds like fun. I might join you.

Kent