Re: Thanks to Bob Hitt from the Chesapeake Planetarium

Bird Taylor

Hey George,

Yes, I've talked to AstroBuddies that had heard I'd retired and dropped out of astronomy altogether. I'm just waiting for the pandemic to finish its death march. I have two local granddaughters that aren't vaccinated, so I'll be solo observing for the foreseeable future.

Clear Dark Skies,

Bird

On May 18, 2022 at 4:07 PM "George Reynolds via groups.io" <pathfinder027@...> wrote:

Bird,

It's great to hear from you after a long time!  So the reports of your demise are premature?

We hope to see you at a future BBAA meeting or outreach event.  (Man, I sure miss "Yuri's Night" at the Air & Space Museum!)

On Monday, May 16, 2022, 01:14:02 PM EDT, Bird Taylor <birdtaylor@...> wrote:

Hey Moongazers,

Marzen, our AstroDog, and I loved watching the eclipse from our home in Hampton. What a beautiful event! I was just using naked eye and 7x50 binoculars.

Clear Dark Skies,

Bird

On May 16, 2022 at 8:10 AM Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

It was absolutely wonderful. Wow, I'm still psyched!

Kent

On Mon, 16 May 2022 11:50:53 +0000 (UTC), Mark Ost <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

Great event Bob. Thank you for hosting.