Re: Crap, It happened again...

RapidEye

That old adage - no good deed goes unpunished:-)

Your going to be working harder in retirement than you did the last 5 years!

Going to be over in Larkspur next week, might head over the hill your way if I get some free time.

On Wed, May 18, 2022, 12:15 AM charles jagow <chuck@...> wrote:

Kent,

I know I swore to NOT get too involved so I could concentrate on building our observatory and getting some cool deep sky images.  But damned if it didn’t happen anyway.

They made me a board member of their Dark Skies Inc. group here about two months ago and then late yesterday at the board meeting, they nominated me and voted me in as President.  The previous President had to resign as his supposedly full remission cancer came back with a vengeance and he is going into Hospice care tomorrow.  Bad things, he is a swell guy.  Kind of a cross between you, Roy, Ted, Charles A. and a rabid lawyer, he was also the county’s lawyer.  And he was rumored to be older than the moon and ate hot dogs and was very thin..

And then today, I get a call from the Governor of Colorado, he wants to sign a bill that was just passed establishing a Dark Skies Tourism office at our Smokey Jack Observatory here in Westcliffe MONDAY afternoon.  He figured what better way to sign it than at the first Dark Sky Certified entity in Colorado with a big observatory.  He just needed a list of VIPs and folks who made the Dark Skies Possible,  what a pain, been calling and visiting folks all day…

Sure wish I was down in Coinjock at an ECSP about now…

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory