Re: Thanks to Bob Hitt from the Chesapeake Planetarium

Bird Taylor

Hey Moongazers,

Marzen used his amazing monochromatic night vision along with watering / fertilizing rest breaks that I’m sure a few plants and trees appreciated. Mosquitoes weren’t even biting, and the weather was cool and comfy. The wispy clouds floating in and out added to the drama as always. We really lucked out on the winds and rain. Thanks everyone for sharing the images and stories. Gazing at the night sky always seems to put everything back into perspective especially when shared with AstroBuddies both in person and remote.

Clear Dark Skies,
Bird

On May 16, 2022, at 15:14 57, jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

what did the dog use??

On Monday, May 16, 2022, 01:14:15 PM EDT, Bird Taylor <birdtaylor@...> wrote:

Hey Moongazers,

Marzen, our AstroDog, and I loved watching the eclipse from our home in Hampton. What a beautiful event! I was just using naked eye and 7x50 binoculars.

Clear Dark Skies,

Bird

On May 16, 2022 at 8:10 AM Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

It was absolutely wonderful. Wow, I'm still psyched!

Kent

On Mon, 16 May 2022 11:50:53 +0000 (UTC), Mark Ost <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

Great event Bob. Thank you for hosting.