From: BackBayAstro@groups.io <BackBayAstro@groups.io> On Behalf Of charles jagow
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 6:04 AM
To: BackBayAstro@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BackBayAstro] Patterson Observatory (Sierra Vista AZ)

Ted,

Just now wandered around the online Patterson Observatory, very familiar controls for anyone “house-hunting” these days, very good job and well thought out stopping points.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and with the ability to zoom in almost anywhere, it was like being there in person.  I wonder if we could set something like this up in Kent’s garage, just to view the number and variety of telescopes?

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Ted Forte <tedforte511@...>
Date: Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 1:27 PM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>

I have probably mentioned the Patterson Observatory a few times on this forum.  I’ve been “Director” at this observatory since 2013. It’s sort of the club house for our astronomy club and a center of many of our outreach events. It’s pretty much my second home here.

The Patterson Observatory is listed as a NASA Space Place and has a 16 foot dome, housing a Ritchey-Chretien telescope of 20” aperture.

my.matterport.com

The 3D tour of the observatory was created by Ryan Straight, a professor at the University of Arizona, College of Applied Science and Technology cyber program. I hope you enjoy it.

Ted

BBAA Southwest

Member – Dark Skies of The Wet Mountain Valley

Member - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Member – San Diego Astronomy Association

Member – Colorado Springs Astronomy Association

Future         Verde Mont Observatory

Gone...        Rott'n Paws Observatory