BBAA September Skywatch

Kent Blackwell

Edited

We all had a great time last night at the September 2021 BBAA Skywatch. It was nice seeing so many faces, including Brian and Karen M, whom I haven't seen in several years. I arrived at 7:15 and there was only one space left to set up, so I set up next to Shawn L and Gabriel. If you don't know Gabriel yet, you're in for a treat. My goodness, he is so fast finding deep sky object imaginable, and with no electronics. In fact most objects he knew how to find from memory. His only reference was the Jumbo Pocket Atlas from Sky & Telescope. Gabriel is only 17. He was wound up tighter than a John Cameron Swayze doing a Timex watch commercial. Sorry, younger generations you'll have that up. The sky was crystal clear but I was very disappointed in the seeing, Saturn and Jupiter looked terrible Did that alter the public's enthusiasm? No way, everyone was enamored to see Saturn. Jupiter was fun too, because Io was nearly in contract with Jupiter. Here's a list of most of the objects I observed, and shared with many folks. Thank goodness Gabriel was next door to me because he shared views with the biggest crowd, and he loved every minute of it!

Kent Blackwell

List: 21/09/11 BBAA Skywatch

Achird - Eta Cas
(Variable Double Star in Cassiopeia)