Re: Last Night's Viewing

jimcoble2000

Ha. Another happy convert. Bond would be proud of you. Not the astronomer Bond; the real one, James.

On Monday, September 6, 2021, 01:56:17 PM EDT, Bird Taylor <birdtaylor@...> wrote:

Hey Mark,

I totally concur. I’ve followed your wise guidance and have made the lavender simple syrup so that I can make your wonderful lavender martini. OMG. Life on the back deck in the middle of a Covid pandemic sipping a freshly made lavender martini with the AstroPub on the back deck with a pair of binoculars and a simple sky chart. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. A happy memory living day by day. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are a most wise and caring AstroBuddy!!!

Clear Dark Skies,
Bird

On Sep 6, 2021, at 11:34 53, jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

May I suggest the Martini for observing? Excellent for clarity.

On Monday, September 6, 2021, 10:58:35 AM EDT, Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Took a break from imaging last night and setup the 5inch refractor. Seeing was just OK but still enjoyable. Planets were good, tons of milky way objects to look at but the star for me last night (no pun intended) was Herschel's Garnet Star. For some reason it seemed so much redder and brighter than usual. It may have been the wee dram of scotch too. Nonetheless a wonderful evening under the stars.