Photos and observing

Matthew Cook

Spent a couple days at Spruce Knob, West Virginia and last night things cleared out just before moonrise. Got a few pictures before getting washed out: zoom in on the dipper to split Mizar, Milky Way bulge in Ophiuchus, opposite side of the MW, looking straight up from our campsite; and then got to try my new 13% moon filter. Few meteors visible and caught one on “film” too. Got maybe 30-45 minutes of good dark skies, with just a little haze from the wildfire smoke from the west coast which you can see affecting the sky just after sunset. Hope to be able to make some local events again here shortly.
Matt Cook