Re: Willmann-Bell is Gone!

George Reynolds

Bruce,

I'm sorry to hear about your back problems.  We sure do miss seeing you.  If you plan to sell many of your books (I too have an extensive astronomy library), I'll bet there may be some prospective buyers in the club and on this chat group.

I was able to find a copy of Uranometria Vol 2 (Southern Hemisphere) from a third-party vendor for just $80, not too bad.  I received it a few days later, and now I have both volumes.  The newest edition was to have both hemispheres in one volume, but unless or until someone steps up to replace Willmann-Bell, it is not available.

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 10:01:47 AM EDT, Bruce via groups.io <galaxydoc@...> wrote:

George, BBAA members,

I have many William-Bell titles on my bookshelves. Almost all are like new, never fielded, and I cannot use any longer.
I may have the last Uranometria 2000.0 too. Need to look.

I can no longer field a scope much less a heavy mount since my last back operation.

Let me know what your after. I shall try to catalog my library this summer.

Dr Bruce