OR SP Cancelled

Roy Diffrient

Another great star party cancelled for another year – the Oregon SP location has been declared unsafe because of the fires out there.

Too bad – even though too far to travel often (I’ll get there someday), I always look forward to seeing the results of Mel Bartels’ Telescope Walkabout.  Oregon has a lot of amateur telescope making activity, and the new scopes are exhibited every year at this SP.  Mel conducts this Walkabout to allow each telescope maker to present his work to those appreciative and interested, and discuss the features and innovations, what worked and what could be improved.  Here’s a Walkabout example – how about a 24” f/2.75 automated Newt that crawls around on caterpillar treads and auto-levels?

Lots of other Walkabout results online.