From: BackBayAstro@groups.io <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of George Reynolds via groups.io <pathfinder027@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:02 PM
To: BBAA-Group <backbayastro@groups.io>
Subject: [BackBayAstro] Willmann-Bell is Gone!

I just found out, about six months late, that astronomy book publisher Willmann-Bell is gone!  Apparently, they closed their doors without any warning at the end of 2020.  Who else knew about it?

Their Web site is still up, but that is misleading.  I wanted to buy an updated version of Uranometria 2000.0, and kept getting error messages when trying to put it into my shopping cart.  Then I found another site that said they had closed.

They had a lot of good astronomy books.  What a loss!