From: BackBayAstro@groups.io <BackBayAstro@groups.io> On Behalf Of Roy Diffrient
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 4:14 PM
To: BackBayAstro@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BackBayAstro] Willmann-Bell is Gone!

Hi George,

I found the announcement online last fall – it was too late to buy anything when this, the notice I found, appeared:

https://www.willbell.com/

 But what I have NOT found or heard since then is any word on who is going to be selling off their inventory, or even better taking over the entire business.

Roy

On Jul 13, 2021, at 6:02 PM, George Reynolds via groups.io <pathfinder027@...> wrote:

I just found out, about six months late, that astronomy book publisher Willmann-Bell is gone!  Apparently, they closed their doors without any warning at the end of 2020.  Who else knew about it?

Their Web site is still up, but that is misleading.  I wanted to buy an updated version of Uranometria 2000.0, and kept getting error messages when trying to put it into my shopping cart.  Then I found another site that said they had closed.

They had a lot of good astronomy books.  What a loss!